The Dietary Supplements Quality Collaborative (DSQ Collaborative or “Collaborative”) is a group of consumers, patients, caregivers and manufacturers working together to improve the quality and safety of dietary supplements.
The mission of the DSQ Collaborative is to advance the quality and safety of products marketed as dietary supplements in the United States in the interest of protecting public health.
The Guiding Principles
- United by a common purpose
- Equal voice
- Consensus agenda and actions
Collaborative participant organizations have the following characteristics in common:
- Represent consumers, supplement ingredient and finished product manufacturers, public health and patient advocacy groups, health care providers, retailers, standard setting organizations, and academics;
- Agree with the Collaborative’s mission, rationale, and principles;
- Demonstrate a sustained commitment to consumer safety and dietary supplement quality; and
- Work cooperatively with other stakeholders to advance consensus-based solutions to improve public health with respect to dietary supplements.
DSQ Collaborative Members and Observers