Together, we can make QUALITY the critical ingredient in dietary supplements.
We are the DSQC: a Collaborative of 26 organizations across the country that support policies and resources to promote safety, advance transparency, and embrace quality mechanisms to improve dietary supplements.
The DSQC works to:
- Strengthen and clarify FDA’s authority over products illegally marketed as dietary supplements that are adulterated with drugs or drug analogues.
- Utilize risk-based inspections for dietary supplement facilities.
- Strengthen existing adverse event reporting systems.
- Support FDA’s efforts to evaluate the safety of supplement products and ingredients through collaborative research and shared understanding.
- Support efforts to require listing of marketed dietary supplement products to the FDA to help identify products that may put the public at risk.
- Explore mechanisms to provide additional information on product labels.
EMBRACE QUALITY MECHANISMS
- Support efforts by both FDA and industry to increase manufacturer awareness of cGMP regulations and public standards for quality.
- Encourage industry efforts that help promote safe, quality supplement products.
- Build consumer trust through educational efforts.